Monday, August 17, 2009

Childhood scent memories




Last Thursday, Estee Lauder invited a bunch of us to drop by their Parkson Saigon Tourist Plaza for the 'launch' of their latest product - the Advanced Night Repair Synchronised Recovery Complex.


Now I've been a huge fan of the Estee Lauder brand and was exposed to it ever since I was a little girl. My mum would only buy Estee Lauder perfumes - dating back from the bottles of Knowing, Youth Dew, Spellbound and right up to the newer ones in recent years such as the White Linen and Pleasures range (she just got herself a new bottle of Beautiful by the way - talk about loyalty!) In short, my childhood memories involved all these scents which my mum would religiously spray on before she left for work everyday. So when I started working two years ago with a local fashion and beauty magazine, I got acquainted with the brand on a closer note. Yes, I was privy to all the launches of their products even before it hit the stands and I even got to try them way before everyone else did. Sometimes, I would even get limited edition items which I so preciously collected and kept even though I know I'm not supposed to be keeping make-up for too long a time!






The new bottle of Beautiful which I'm sure my mum's already enjoying right now!

When I moved to Ho Chi Minh City for work about a year ago, I was introduced to the Brand Manager of Estee Lauder here, Ms. Amy Wong. When I first met her for lunch at the Park Hyatt, I was a little apprehensive thinking she must be a Singaporean. To my surprise, she turned out to be a fellow Malaysian and from then on, the rest they say is history! We've since become close, occasionally calling each other and just talking about life in general (it's not easy living in Saigon, trust us!) She's been always encouraging me to start my blog and start writing - not mainly about her products but just write, she says. Well, here I am now - doing my first Estee Lauder write-up if you may call it that and hoping she'll have the time to read it!

So moving on to my new product, as you can see I'm very excited to start trying it. While at the launch, Amy showed us a little demo of how the product actually works. She dropped a dot of it on the back of our palms and asked us to rub it on (just on one hand). As we did it, we felt the texture of the serum - yes, smooth all over. Just one squeeze of the applicator and it was enough to rub over your whole face apparently. Later, she took out another bottle and started spraying the hand that contained the serum with water. She said to notice the way it still held the water while the other hand (without the serum), the water seemed to be dripping all over. So what does this actually mean? The newer and improved version of the ANR actually retains the hydration levels in your skin. Perfect for those who sleeps with the air-conditioner on at night. In addition to that, it also helps erase past damage and protects against future damage - helping to slow down the anti-aging process in your skin.


psst...look what else I got to pair it with my new product! The Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex!









No comments:

Post a Comment